Trust in the LORD with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding.

Proverbs 3:5

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A poem for Bradyn

This is a poem I wrote for my unborn son when we started the domestic process.

A poem for Bradyn

It’s hard to imagine how much love I have for a child whose face I’ve never seen.
I’ve never heard his cry or kissed his cheek.
I do not know the color of his eyes or the color of his hair.

It’s hard to imagine the ache in my heart to be apart from him for one day, when I haven’t spent one second with him in my life.
It’s hard to imagine the joy a mother feels when she first counts 10 fingers and 10 toes.
It’s hard to imagine one mother’s sacrifice to give another mother hope.

I do imagine kissing his cheek and soothing his cry.
I do imagine seeing his dad hold him for the very first time.
As each day passes, I do imagine God’s plan to bring these moments into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment