Trust in the LORD with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding.

Proverbs 3:5

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ready to start this new journey!

As of today we have picked a new agency for our adoption process. We have requested the application which should come tomorrow or Saturday. Once that is turned in we will be ready to start the process. We have our 1st homestudy meeting Monday and I have already scheduled our doctor's appointments for our medical exams. According to the agency and the families I have spoke with this process should only take a year, maybe even less. This is very exciting. We have been waiting so long for a child and to know he may be here this year is overwhelming. I am trying not to stress, but if you know me then you know that's just not possible. I am a worrier. Even though I know in my heart this is God's plan and He has the control I still carry it all on my shoulders. We are so blessed that throughout the past 5 years we have stood by one another through all the disappointments and tears. We have spent all of our married life trying to have a baby and I am so honored to say it has only made our marriage stronger. We have been tested so many times and somehow, by the grace of God, we manage to pull through. This is just another exciting adventure we get to take together and once the journey is over we will be holding our baby boy, Bradyn.
God Bless, Mel

2 comments:

  1. You are so right God does have a plan for you guys and I truly feel your prayers will be answered sooner than later. Good Luck with your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We know you will have our little grandson sooner than you think, you are correct GOD is in control and has been since the day you met. Good luck , we love you. Mom and Dad Heavener, Nana and Papa to Bradyn.

    ReplyDelete