Trust in the LORD with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding.

Proverbs 3:5

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Official "Yes" Day


Today is the official day that we say yes we would like to adopt Bradyn and accept him as our referral child. We will go before a notary and sign the paperwork so that it will be official here in Russia. We also get his pictures taken for his passport/visa to be prepared for the 2nd trip when we bring him home with us. This will be our last day to visit him. I am not ready to leave him, but I feel at peace knowing he is eating well and being cared for the best way they know how here. He has toys and other children to play with. He will not have the attention he has had over the past 3 days, but it won't be too long until we can have him forever. I have held up surprisingly well leaving him each day only because I know I'm coming back. I pray God holds my hand this evening and tells me it will be ok to let him go temporarily. I feel sure Scott will be ok on the outside, but he will hurt on the inside as well. It's unexplainable the emotions we are feeling. Today around 10:15am, TN time, stop and say a short prayer for us. This will be 7:15pm, Russia time, and we will be leaving the orphanage from our last visit. In a way we are ready to be done with this week only because our wait begins for our next trip. The sooner the wait begins the sooner it ends. However, we are not ready to leave our son here. He has quickly began to bond with us a little and know our faces. I know we will miss him more than he will miss us, so that helps some. This experience is one we will never forget.
Love Scott and Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment