Trust in the LORD with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding.

Proverbs 3:5

Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Referral is Here!!!

Finally, we received our referral from Russia. Our agency called Tuesday, August 31 with the good news. "We have a boy for you to consider". Those were the magic words. I was in complete shock to say the least. I have played out this scenario in my head at least 100 times, but now that it was real I didn't know what to do or say. Chills came over my entire body and tears filled my eyes. She emailed the pictures and medical information within minutes. I quickly called Scott. OMG no answer, so I called his other cell and he answered, finally. I asked was he close by because we received our referral. He wanted me to go ahead and open the email then forward it to him. The 1st picture was amazing. He was absolutely beautiful! It's amazing how one little picture melted my heart in seconds. I wanted to pull him through the computer. This was the day we had been waiting on since January. We decided it was best to keep this a secret until we spoke with a doctor. There was no need in getting everyone's hopes up just to let them down if we had to say no to this referral. I had a week to give the agency an answer on what we were going to do. I called the international adoption clinic at Vanderbilt immediately to get an appointment. I sent all the information to the doctor Wednesday and she set up a phone consult at 9am Thursday morning. That morning, I had worked myself into a frenzy waiting on her call. I was literally slumped over my desk waiting to puke at any second. I wanted this call to be over one way or another. Finally, the phone rings. The doctor was very informative giving me more information than my brain could handle in one conversation. She explained everything in great detail. None of his medical information worried her in the slightest. He was a little higher risk because of his head circumference, but that's it. This was a stressful and emotional day. My anxiety had ended but the fear had set in. Do we accept him or not? Is the fear of the unknown too great of a risk? The clock could not get to 3:30 fast enough so that I could get home and talk things over with Scott. After explaining to him everything the doctor had explained to me his words were, "what's the problem?" "We knew he was going to be smaller than normal, so let's do this". Wow, I had been stressing all day and he's ready to go. We had to step out on faith just like all the times before and meet this little guy. God had led us this far, we cannot lose faith in Him now. We called the family and emailed the pictures to let them know. Everyone was filled with emotions and so excited. This was a day to remember for everyone. Finally, a face to put with the name we had given him since day one of this journey. We will be traveling for the 1st trip veer soon. Hopefully, if everything goes according to plan we will receive our court date sometime mid to late November to return and bring him home. What a Christmas this year will be. Please continue to pray for peace in our hearts and guidance as we travel to meet our son for the 1st time. Pray that we have a safe trip and that everything works out in our favor. God is good all the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment